Friday

NO SOLICITING

Was on a neighborhood walk with one of my daughters and saw a NO SOLICITING sign on a door. Would be funny to try and sell them a new, improved, bigger, brighter NO SOLICITING sign.
 
I was just thinking how odd the NO SOLICITING sign idea is. Most residents don't want solicitors, regardless of whether they have a sign posted or not. I doubt having a sign is some legally-binding order to stay away, but is rather a notice of preference. So, why would salesmen skip these residences, other than to avoid some surely wasted time? In fact, on a slow, boring day of door-to-door, you might actually want a little angry-resident confrontation to spice things up.
 
I actually get really mad at door-to-door salesmen, not because they are unsolicited, but because they won't leave after I tell them I am not interested. I even ask, "Did you hear me say I am not interested?" These encounters usually get my wife mad at me. Maybe I should let them go through their whole pitch, then ask them, "What?" and see how many times they'll do it.

================
http://GANNS.com
How small does an animal have to be so that I won't get in trouble for microwaving it alive? Kitten? Mouse? Beetle?

No comments: